The EcoStore is a 10kW AC coupled smart battery inverter that can intelligently charge and discharge batteries to optimally manage electrical energy usage. The EcoStore’s main differentiators are:
- It is particularly compact and light measuring only 310 x 310 x 213mm and weighing only 17kg.
- It does not have fans, a major cause of poor reliability, made possible by it’s world leading efficiency of around 98%.
- It is battery agnostic, working with a wide range of battery chemistries (eg. Lithium-Ion, Lead-acid) and manufacturers.
- It is highly flexible with a sand boxed built in scripting language that allows “Power Users” to write programs to customise the behaviour of the product.
- It is smart with some unique voltage control and peak load reduction algorithms.
- It is very grid-friendly with full Volt/VAr (STATCOM) capability and a Total Harmonic distortion < 3%.
- It is user friendly with set-up and configuration via any device running a web browser.
Low Harmonics: THD< 3%
Extended Temperature Testing
Independent EMC Testing
The 10kW single phase EcoStore battery inverter can be used in a number of applications such as:
- Grid connected Large Residential Systems. The EcoStore has a number of energy shifting functions to help consumers reduce their electricity bills, plus can provide full backup of an entire dwelling in the event of a grid power outage. If solar is available, the EcoStore can charge the batteries using any excess energy to enable consumers to ride through longer grid failure events (eg. cyclones etc).
- Grid connected Small Commercial Systems. For commercial consumers on peak demand tariffs, the EcoStore can make additional savings by minimising the peak load drawn hence minimising electricity bills further.
- Fringe of Grid Systems. The EcoStore has two unique functions developed for fringe of grid applications:
- It can directly regulate/improve the consumers voltage allowing rural consumers to experience power quality akin to urban areas.
- It can perform electricity feeder peak load reduction without communications, reducing the stress on electricity utility assets without the added expense of complex monitoring and communication equipment.
- Standalone/Off-grid Systems. The 10kW EcoStore battery inverter is ideally sized for many off-grid applications. In developing countries the EcoStore can be used to supply a number of dwellings or a small community, and they may be parallelled for larger communities.